Porite’s Bearing Technology
- Compared to ball bearings, Porite’s sintered oil-impregnated bearings offer a greater degree of flexibility in design, and are characterized by their compactness, low vibration, and low noise. They can help to make products smaller and lighter as well as to reduce the cost.
- Porite has the top share of the micro motor bearing market in Japan, with a particularly overwhelming share in terms of motors for DVD, CD, and other optical disk drives.
- Bearings are one of the smaller components of those that make up a motor, but they are very important and impact motor performance.
Choosing the incorrect material or oil, or the presence of a product defect can lead to abnormal wear and deterioration in the motor’s characteristics. In the worst case, they can burn and adhere to the shaft, meaning the motor will no longer work.
As well as providing bearing knowledge on the basis of the track record and wealth of information that we have built up over many years, Porite is able to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with customers and provide support in motor design, shaft selection, motor analysis, and other such work.
- Porite can leverage the wealth of experience that it has built up over many years and the information gained from working with many different industries to select the best material and oil for your intended usage, design the optimum product shape, and undertake other such work to meet your needs.
- We will provide honest solutions to customer demands for high performance, long lifespan, low noise, low friction, and other such characteristics.
- Porite undertakes manufacturing in the three fields of sintered oil-impregnated bearings, sintered machine parts, and MIM products, and can provide general technology services and product manufacturing including peripheral components.
See list of sintered oil-impregnated bearings